The proposed budget is available for viewing in the Town Clerk’s office on the website at www.townofkurebeach.org under Town News.
- Increase to property tax increase of 4.5 cents per $100 value raising the current rate of 28.5 cents to 33.0 cents
- Increase in monthly residential garbage service of $1 from $6 to $7 for the first cart and $2 per month from $12 to $14 for after the first cart
- Increase in monthly commercial garbage service of $4.28 per cart from $26.25 to $30.63.The residential first cart and commercial rates have not changed in 5 years. This is necessary to cover associated costs that have increased.
- Increase in monthly curbside recycling service of 13 cents per cart from $4.88 to $5.01. Recycling rates have not increased since fiscal year 2013.
- Changes to the water and sewer rate structure:
- Residential –new rates for the portion of monthly usage over 12,000 gallons
- Commercial and out of jurisdiction – new rates for the portion of monthly usage above 70,000 gallons
- An additional full time staff member in Administration and one in Recreation
- A 2% cost of living adjustment and a 2% merit pool for full time staff